February, 2017 NEWSLETTER
You have all received School Dance information and we need your cooperation in making your reservations now as the hall requires a definite number for food. We know some of you plan on paying that day, but please remember once we give numbers for food, we are going to have to pay for that number of people so please give us definite numbers of guests asap. Hopefully, all our Oireachtas dancers are supporting this event as over the years you have been the recipients of most of our fundraising through travel stipends and new school costumes. We also need to know if you are performing at the Dance so the show can be put together (email me). You also received a letter requesting a donation to help purchase basket gifts or for donations of themed baskets. Please send in to class any of your gifts/donations, labeled clearly with your name ASAP.
Thank you to Christie McGraw and Margaret Murphy for chairing our upcoming dance and for Barbara McCoy for coordinating our Tricky Tray Raffle. We are looking forward to a great afternoon and to honoring Margie Keller and Sally Ann O’Shea!
- Upcoming Feisanna - To get more information about the upcoming entire year you may log on to www.NAFC.com. Register online or print out each syllabus and send registration immediately as many feises have a cut off number. Do not wait, or your child will be disappointed (North American Feis Commission, 2017 Feis Schedule). Attending feisanna is a key factor in motivating your child to strive for improvement. Remember that students are to be in appropriate age categories and levels and dance material that is appropriate to them. If you are unsure of where your child fits in, in please discuss it with one of your teachers before you enter.
- St. Patrick’s Day Activities: The Bergenfield parade is Sunday, March 12th and the Ringwood Parade and Show is Saturday, March 25th. All dancers and families are invited to march with our school.
- SCHOOL RECITAL/CEILI: The date for our ceili this year is Sunday afternoon, May 7, 2017. At this event we showcase all our beginner, novice, and prizewinner dancers. So save the date on your calendars!
- SUMMER WORKSHOP: The dates for this year’s summer workshop are Tuesday, August 1st to Friday, August 4th, 2017. More information to follow.
Anyone who would like a beginner dance costume (skirt/shawl set) to use for marching in the parades please email us right away so we can place the order. Skirt set is $50. We do have some skirt sets available now for purchase. We really encourage the dancers to wear our uniform for the parades, and then you will have it for our recital/ceili in May.
We also have some school costumes available for purchase. Let us know if you are interested and we can bring them in to class for you to try on.
FEIS REMINDER: Dancers’ age & category (depending on what they have won in the year 2016) changes on January 1st, 2017.
REMINDER: As stated in your registration package – all class fees are due the 1st class of the month. Any payment after the 2nd class will result in a $10 late fee charge.
- Anyone who paid ½ year – all remaining balances are due February 1st.