EMAIL ADDRESS UPDATES: Be sure that you have given us your current email address so that we can forward you the monthly newsletter.
CLASS CLOSINGS:: We will NOT be making calls class closings. Weather-related class closings will be posted on the main paid of our website; schedule changes can be found under the "Schedule" tab. In addition, updates are posted on Facebook; get in the habit of checking it before class in case anything has changed.
FEIS THANK YOU: We would like to thank Elaine Greenan, for chairing our Feis. As many of you know - this is a daunting task run once a year by our school and it is essential to have all our parents volunteer. Unfortunately, we did not have enough. We truly thank those of you who went above and beyond your commitment and worked many hours to make the feis a success and those who donated towards the kitchen and the awards. Thank you to Lizanne Fiorentino for all your hard work and all our committees!
In order to improve the volunteer situation we’d like your input, suggestions, etc. Please tell us anything that you thought could be improved or was a problem area, or that worked well. Please send your thoughts to Karen via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). A financial report will be available within the next 2 weeks for anyone who wishes to see it. If there is an area you would like to be involved in next year, please let us know.
Thank you also to Jimmy Early for organizing the Grade Exams and congratulations to our dancers who took them and passed!
Congratulations to our Championship winners at our feis who have received $100 Maureen Glynn Scholarships:
- Hannah Glynn - Under 8
- Kendal Griffler - Under 18
- Peter Smith Scholarship of $200 to Kendal Griffler
- Josephine Forde Scholarship of $200 to Alli Iliff
- Eddie Irwin Scholarship of $200 to Mary Kate Carolan
GOOD LUCK to Kendal Griffler who will be representing our school at the ALL-IRELAND CHAMPIONSHIPS later this month!
EXTRA DANCE CLASSES: We will be having an extra class on Saturday, October 25th at St. Mary’s in Dumont at 9:30am. This is for all levels but is especially helpful for those dancing at the Davis Feis in Clifton, NJ in November or the Hagen Feis. Class is $20 payable at class that day. Please remit payment in an envelope with your child’s name on it.
- Beginner skirts/cape sets ($50) are available at class. (They would make a great Christmas gift and you’ll have it for the St. Patrick’s Day parades and also our recital this spring.). Please email me to place an order.
- We also have some school costumes available in various sizes. These costumes would be the next step up after the beginner skirts and are suitable, especially for beginner, advanced beginner and novice categories. They are $250 and you can let us know if you are interested and we can bring them to class for you to try on.
- Dancing shoes are available at class.
MID-ATLANTIC OIREACHTAS: The Mid-Atlantic Regional Oireachtas (qualifying event for World Championships) will be held on Thanksgiving weekend at the Philadelphia Marriott. We need parents to volunteer some time over the Oireachtas weekend with the Parents Association, which is very important.
CLASS FEE REMINDER: Class fees are due the FIRST WEEK of each month, given to the class secretary or mailed to the above address, if you are unable to attend that class. Class fees were determined not by the number of classes in each month, but by the number of total classes divided into 10 monthly payments. A late fee of $10 will be charged for payment received after the 2nd class of the month.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF OUR FAMILIES!